Here’s How to Help Your Scout Advance!
Our Lion rank has exciting indoor and outdoor activities specifically designed for kindergarten age youth and their adult partners. Adult partners (guardians) are there to support and guide, allowing the new Cub Scout to discover risks and rewards under the security of adult supervision. Lion Scouts learn by doing!
The Lion rank is earned by completing five required adventures:
- “Lion’s Honor“ is about Cub Scout Basics and Game Playing with your friends in your Den.
- “Animal Kingdom“ is about service in your home and community.
- “Fun on the Run“ is about exercise and nutrition and play.
- “King of the Jungle“ is about citizenship and leadership.
- “Mountain Lion“ is about the outdoors and hiking.
There are also seven “just for fun” or “elective” adventures:
Parents/guardians or the den leader approve each requirement by signing the Scout’s handbook. Scouts receive a sticker and/or an adventure loop on completing each adventure.
Every Lion Handbook is packaged with an adult leader guide to help you. More information about doing the Lion program and adventures at home with your Scout is found on the and even more resources are available at , which has both fun den group activity ideas plus family-led adventure resources (simple plans, videos, tips and more, like those in the adventure by adventure links above) for parents to do on their own schedules.