Scouting at Home
Are your Scouts at home?
Scouting can take place anywhere – even in the comfort of your home!
Here you will find a resource hub for parents and leaders to help support Scouting at home, with stay-at-home educational activities for any Scout rank, tips for continuing to work on advancements and kid-friendly content that connects Scouting with their daily lives. We will continue to add new content and resources to this hub regularly.
Our goal is to make it easier to deliver the Scouting program by making plans more accessible to Leaders and those who can help Leaders like our parents.
- Conduct virtual Patrol Leaders Council meetings via teleconference or web video conferencing. Ensure to maintain two-deep leadership throughout the virtual meeting.
- Encourage Patrol Leaders to communicate digitally with their patrol members.
- Conduct online merit badge counselor meetings using web video conferencing tools such as Google Hangouts, Zoom, Skype, FreeConference, or Facebook. Ensure to maintain two-deep leadership throughout the virtual meeting. Note completing a worksheet and emailing it does not constitute a “virtual discussion”, rather use interactive video or phone conversations.
- Jamboree on the Internet (JOTI) | April 3-5, 2020
- Plan and cook a meal for your family.
- Encourage Scouts to post online stories from history and how humanity was able to overcome such difficulties and give people hope.
- Hold a virtual gaming meet. Or use Kahoot to host an online quiz.
- Encourage Scouts to communicate with Scouts around the world. Learn about the World Organization of the Scouting Movement (WOSM). Introduce JOTA/JOTI.
- Coordinate a community-based support network. Work with your Chartered Organization to develop a plan. Offer your unit assistance in helping the needy.
- Post examples of how Scouts are helping the community on social media. Make sure to tag us.
Hold Scoutmaster Conference using web video conferencing. Ensure to maintain two-deep leadership throughout the virtual meeting.
If needed, conduct Eagle Boards of Review via videoconferencing. Units can administer BORs up and including Life rank but should follow the guidance in The Guide to Advancement Section 22.214.171.124 Boards of Review Through Videoconferencing. District Advancement Chairs will provide directions on Eagle BORs. Ensure to maintain two-deep leadership throughout the virtual meeting.