Here’s How to Help Your Scout Advance!
To earn the Wolf badge, a youth must complete six required adventures, plus one elective adventure, and complete the Cyber Chip award for their age.
Second Grade – Wolf Requirements
Second graders work toward the Wolf rank. The Wolf rank is earned by completing seven adventures as described below.
1. Complete each of the six required adventures:
- Call of the Wild is mostly a Campout and things you do on a Campout
- Council Fire is all about community service and stewardship through recycling and respect for the flag.
- Duty to God Footsteps will often be an at-home because faith beliefs in Scouting are determined by the family and everyone’s duty is different.
- Howling at the Moon is all about performing and communicating.
- Paws on the Path covers hiking skills and nature and maps.
- Running with the Pack is all about fitness, sports, games and nutrition.
2. In addition to the six required adventures, complete at least one elective adventure of your den’s or family’s choosing.
3. With your parent, guardian, or other caring adult, complete the exercises in the pamphlet entitled How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide.
4. Watch the Protect Yourself Rules video for 2nd Grade, Wolf. (The video is located at https://vimeo.com/325064564 and can be watched on-line or downloaded and viewed off-line.) OR Earn the Protect Yourself Rules Preview Adventure for Wolf.
Parents/guardians or the den leader approve each requirement by signing the Scout’s handbook. Scouts receive an adventure loop on completing each adventure and, after meeting all requirements, have earned the Wolf badge.
More information about doing the Wolf adventures at home with your Scout is found on – even more resources are available at which has both fun den group activity ideas plus family-led adventure resources (simple plans, videos, tips and more, like those in the adventure by adventure links above) for parents to do on their own schedules.