Here’s How to Help Your Scout Advance!
To earn the Wolf badge, a youth must complete six required adventures, plus one elective adventure, and complete the Cyber Chip award for their age.
The required adventures are:
- Call of the Wild is mostly a Campout and things you do on a Campout
- Council Fire is all about community service and stewardship through recycling and respect for the flag.
- Duty to God Footsteps will often be an at-home because faith beliefs in Scouting are determined by the family and everyone’s duty is different.
- Howling at the Moon is all about performing and communicating.
- Paws on the Path covers hiking skills and nature and maps.
- Running with the Pack is all about fitness, sports, games and nutrition.
The 12 elective adventures are
Parents/guardians or the den leader approve each requirement by signing the Scout’s handbook. Scouts receive an adventure loop on completing each adventure and, after meeting all requirements, have earned the Wolf badge.
More information about doing the Wolf adventures at home with your Scout is found on – even more resources are available at which has both fun den group activity ideas plus family-led adventure resources (simple plans, videos, tips and more, like those in the adventure by adventure links above) for parents to do on their own schedules.